Monday, September 13, 2010

Just proud, in a good way

One of my life's desires is to give my life away. I don't want to go to the grave with anything left over. I want to work hard at using the gifts and talents that God has given me, for his good. Needless to say, I want to pass down anything I might have, that is good in me, to my children.

I want to see them flourish in life, well beyond my life on earth. I long for my children to be world changers for Jesus, no matter what path they take. I also long for them to find their niches in life, and pursue that with reckless abandon. One of the greatest gifts I can offer as a dad, is to help feed that in a hands-on way, without being too hands-on.

After spending two weeks in Asia, with 40 of my extended family. I sit here today, very proud of my own children. I love the way they live out their lives. I love the way they take stands for what is right, and the way they are making a difference in their world.

So much is written about all the problems in our world, and how the young generation falls short. I think it is time to turn the tide, and recognize three kids that are making a difference. Josh, Hannah, and Isaiah, I want the world to know that it is a better place because of you!

No comments: