Thursday, December 2, 2010

caught not taught

The majority of the passions that I have in my life have been caught. As I look back over my life at pinnacle moments there seems to be a repeating action. Once I felt it, touched it, experienced it, or was bothered by it, I was deeply impacted.

So much time is spent on linear thinking and teaching. Hours are invested in reading, watching videos and listening to others talk. Yet, in order for something to become a part of our regular DNA we must have experienced it on some level, or caught it. Ask any person who lives with a renewed passion for this world in a significant way, and I can guarantee you that they have rubbed elbows with that passion.

With that being said, it is so important to live your life through you and not live it through another person's life, because you will not be able to have it rattle your being. This holiday season I encourage you to be the hands and feet of Jesus to someone in a living tangible way. And better yet, jump on the next trip to Asia and visit 42 orphan kids that have been rescued and you will never be the same again. Just ask my daughter Hannah, pictured above, as she was perusing books while standing in a Korean Airport.

No comments: