Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Aimless

The New Year provides a chance to start fresh. It gives you an opportunity to do it right this time around. I love this time of year because it is when I ask God where he wants me to end up in 2011.

I want to live my life with purpose, I want to live to the potential that God has created me, instead of aimlessly running through life and hoping for the best.

Just last night, we sat as a family and put together our family goals for the year. It was so good to hear input from each Brown as to how they thought God wanted us to live this year. We ended up after much brainstorming praying over the goals and asking God to be glorified with them.

I must admit I love these kind of times, as you gather and seek God for his plan and then put them on paper. These goals are framed and hanging in our foyer. If you are interested, we use the 4 areas that Jesus grew in from Luke 2:52 as a springboard for them. Oh yeah the photo above was taken as I followed Josh on our trail run yesterday! We had a target in mind!

No comments: