Friday, January 7, 2011

The uninvited guest

I celebrated my birthday with my family on Tuesday night. We ate a meal together, sat around in the living room and enjoyed each other. To be quite frank, I can't imagine a better way to spend my birthday.

So the night was perfect in my mind, until the uninvited guest showed up. As we were sitting on the couch Josh says hey I saw a mouse. It is amazing what can happen to human beings when a mouse enters the scene. As I recall, Hannah immediately jumped on top of the ottoman and refused to put her feet on the earth again. Anne boarded a jet to Caribbean and the boys grabbed their shotguns. Well maybe a little exaggeration but it sure felt like that was how it unfolded.

We turned over couches, bookshelves, tables, got out a sawzaw and dynamite, yet our last idea ended up in the photo above, mixing bowls and cups. It was an eventful evening and it once again proved that we don't need pets since this little guy has found his home with us. And he doesn't require a sitter, pet food, or a daily run outside for a potty break. Oh yeah, notice who is absent in this picture!

1 comment:

MarlaMae said...

Absent? You mean the mouse?!?!?! What a hoot!