Thursday, February 24, 2011

faster

I long to hear the voice of God, so that I can walk the path he wants, not the path that people constantly tell me to walk. I long to be a person who has an ear to heaven listening to the whispers of God.

We spend so much of our time, reading and praying and talking to God that we can actually miss him talking to us. Yes he speaks through his Word and yes he speaks through others, yet there are many times he is talking and we are not listening. I often wonder how many times he longs for us to just stop and listen?

Psalm 46:10 says; be still and know that I am God. That verse encourages us to reduce our speed so that we can hear him. We have way too much noise in our lives, and the pace continues to increase. Take time today and just pull away and listen, you might be surprised what he has to say.

It is the way I choose to live!

No comments: