Monday, February 28, 2011

The power of written words

This weekend in our closing session at our Men's retreat I asked men to write their wives a love letter. A letter that contained promises and affirmation. I also asked the single men to write a letter to their future wives that they could give to them when they get engaged.

The room was silent as men reflected, pondered, prayed and wrote the letters. As we left the retreat each man was asked to place the letter in a place where his wife would find it on her own.

It was a deeply moving experience for me as I wrote to my precious wife and to see other men all over the room writing. Each man left the retreat with a love letter for his wife.

There is power in a hand written letter. In a world of electronic technology nothing replaces a hand written love letter!

No comments: