Monday, June 13, 2011

shaping a world view

This morning my daughter Hannah joined 11 others teens from our church and headed on a mission's trip to Nicaragua. They will be visiting some orphan homes and doing some servant projects. This is Hannah's third trip on a mission's trip out of the country. She has flown to Asia twice and her world view has been shaped by these experiences.

One of my desires is for my children to develop a healthy world view so that they can witness how God is at work and how he uses then to assist and help others. There is no doubt in my mind that when Hannah returns she will be changed by what she sees, experiences and witnesses.

I am also grateful to be part of a church that regularly sends people including the youth, on mission's trips like this one. These teens will never be the same again.

Praying for this team and the many others that are being sent out this summer from Grace Community.

No comments: