Monday, October 3, 2011

it effects everything

If you want to be used by God in this world  you must be influential in your sphere of living. It begins with your track record. When your name is brought up in conversation it immediately speaks something about you.

I have been in many circles when a name surfaces and everyone says if you can get him then it would change everything. I have even witnessed people say they were willing to give up something of their own to make that happen.

We are the only ones that can make our names carry weight outside of Jesus Christ. The way we live our lives allows us to add dignity, respect, value and influence to our name. I take this very seriously because I want to give my children a fighting chance in this world, and I desire that I do not thwart or set them back because of the way I have lived.

It is an incredible privilege for me to be called Brown and I long for that name to add value to our world. What comes to mind for others when your name surfaces?

Proverbs 22:1 A good name is more desirable then great riches to be esteemed is better then silver or gold.

No comments: