Wednesday, October 26, 2011

this is why

In two weeks we begin a new series where we will address men issues. I feel a huge burden to see men become godly leaders in this world. Imagine a world where men went all-in for Jesus. Imagine communities full of men following hard after Jesus and living out the Gospel.

From the beginning men have struggled with passivity. Adam himself was with Eve when she sinned and he never said a word. He just watched his wife fall and he joined in.

There are moments in my life when I see men step up that  every ounce of my being fires up. I long to be the man that rises to the occasion in this world and becomes the alpha dog that leads the charge against Darkness. Way too many men are investing all of their time with things that have very little eternal impact.

The book of Zechariah records a verse that stokes my fire. It is underlined in my Bible and I often pray it over my life. It inspires, motivates and erupts my heart.

This is what the LORD Almighty says: “In those days ten men from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you. Zechariah 8:23

I want to be that man who stands out, stands above and stands up for Jesus in a crowd so that when God needs a man to lead then other men will grab my coat and follow.

Will you be that man too?

No comments: