Friday, February 3, 2012

Fog thoughts

It was interesting this morning as I traveled to the office. We had a heavy fog hanging over the atmosphere. Schools were delayed for 2 hours and I found myself pondering some interesting thoughts about being in a fog.


The term being in a fog is often used, so what does that really mean? Well because of the fog this morning here is what I now know to be true.


* I moved slower
* I wasn't sure what was ahead
* I found myself being cautious
* I felt uncertainty at intersections and gunned it to get through because I didn't want to get hit.
* I was sitting on the edge of my seat
* I couldn't see the beautiful landscape in the country
* I was distracted with defrosters, wiper blades and heaters
* I could not see anyone else out there
* I wanted sunlight it was depressing
* I called my wife and alerted her to tell my daughter to drive carefully to school
* I about ran over some joggers on the side of the road
* I was grateful to get out of the jeep when I got to the office.


WOW, now I know why Satan works so hard to keep us in a fog and why he tries to cloud things up. Because it causes us to live with fear, depression sets in, we are afraid to take the next step, and we feel all alone. 


All they have eyes for is the fashionable god of darkness. They think he can give them what they want, and that they won't have to bother believing a Truth they can't see. They're stone-blind to the dayspring brightness of the Message that shines with Christ, who gives us the best picture of God we'll ever get  2 Corinthians 4:4 Msg

No comments: