Friday, May 11, 2012

you reap what you sow

I enjoy gardening. Maybe it takes me back to my roots as a kid when we literally planted 1 acre of vegetables. I love watching the crops grow and then reaping the harvest.  In my mind there is nothing better then freshly picked vegetables.


So last night we finally planted our garden, after all of the recent frost encounters. I have had the ground ready for some time and wanted to plant as soon as the forecast deemed best. 


Our garden is loaded with all kinds of seeds and plants and our hope is that it will grow into luscious vegetables. We have marked out our rows carefully and as best as we know the seeds and plants that we put in the ground will produce that specific vegetable. We took the surprise element out, by marking the bags and rows. We will get what we planted.


I couldn't help but think of Galatians 6:7, a man reaps what he sows. I often wonder as I see so much chaos in people's lives, homes, workplaces and ministries if they realize how this truth plays out there too. And more then any area it begins with our words. I see way too many gardens of bitterness, brokenness, emptiness, un-forgiveness, jealousy, anger, and negativity growing. Maybe just maybe, we need to plant more seeds that breathe life instead of death. I can't wait till mid-summer when the crop will be harvested! What did you plant today? 

No comments: