Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Parched

I just snapped this photo off on our property here at Grace Community, and spent some time with God praying for our community. I was struck by the power of this weed, that is so vibrant among the parched land. It seems to be unfazed by the lack of water. It was able to make its way to the surface and take all the available nutrients and thrive. It says, I'm here and still battling, I haven't bailed out yet. It somehow has developed survival instincts that other plants have not. 


I was challenged by the strength of this weed in the midst of the drought. I want to be the last one standing when everyone else says it can't be done. I want others to say that Jim Brown is still there until the end believing and trusting in his God. I want to stand in the midst of the parched ground as a beacon of hope for our community,proclaiming that our God is alive and well and has a perfect plan for us. I want to praise him even in times of great emptiness!


My faith is brimming over the top as thousands of people are linking arms together in prayer and standing united! God is using this very difficult time to unify his people. Each night as I stop and pray at 6:45, I picture people praying all over Goshen and our surrounding counties and I feel strong! We stand united in Jesus Christ and his power! And that is a good thing, a very good thing! 


Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,  yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior Hab. 3:17-18

No comments: