Thursday, August 30, 2012

DNA

So my daughter Hannah is a college freshman at Grace College and one of the events they hold is called the Hike. It is the annual gathering for freshmen to get acclimated to college life and forge new relationships.

One of the events they host is a cardboard boat building time. Obviously, the goal is to have your boat float and complete the course. The team that paddles back first or completes the course first, wins. This morning I ran across these photos of Hannah in action.

It did not surprise me a bit that she was the one in the boat testing out the craft's flotation ability.
I have no idea whether or not the boat finished the course, but what I do know is that she was willing to give it a chance and take the risk! I love that she is willing to be the first one in and at least test it out. The DNA of Brown is captured in these photos and it brings a grin to my face, because calculated risk for our Savior is what advances the Kingdom! Go Hannah go!
Besides, two years ago another Brown took the ride too. Like I said DNA is passed down. 

No comments: