Wednesday, October 17, 2012

EN-courage

I am firm believer that God has made us so that we can thrive in community. He doesn't want us to walk in isolation or total independence. He wants us to sharpen one another, to spur one another on to good deeds.

I love the word encourage  When you break it down it means to pour courage into someone else. EN-Courage. Through the years I have been on the receiving end of words that have pushed me upward, and further then I ever thought possible. When a person speaks courage into my life through words, its as if I could bust through any wall in front of me. 

Yet, the opposite can be true too, we can Dis-courage people as easily as encourage them. DIS-Courage does the very opposite it takes courage out of someone's attempt in life. They feel deflated and unable to complete the task at hand. 

One sentence can add courage, another can remove it. We need to be people who pour courage into others.

I received this photo above from one of the Churches in America that has purchased a Fight Club Kit. At their first gathering a man I do not know is being EN-Couraged by Mike Silliman to do the task at hand. Everything about this photo makes me want to jump through the screen and join him. 

Go En-Courage instead of Dis-Courage, someone today!

No comments: