Thursday, August 22, 2013

25 years is worth celebrating


Next week, Anne and I celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I think 25 years is worth celebrating. Everyone has their way to remember this special occasion and so do we.

We both love riding on the Harley and have longed for many years to take an extended trip on the bike. So about 4 months ago I began planning for this special occasion. It has been so much fun thinking about this trip of a lifetime for us.

So this coming Sunday after our services we will be riding to Virginia Beach, Virginia. This is where we honeymooned 25 years ago. We have not been back since then. We are excited to travel there together and take in God's creation in the open air on the Harley. We have charted out our course and purchased the necessary luggage to make this trip possible on a bike.

I am so excited to share this journey with my bride of 25 years who has been with me every step along our faith-filled, breathtaking, exhilarating, unbelievable ride.

I even had a special blessing come this week as a man who attends our church contacted me and said he wanted to detail my bike before we leave. Thanks Mike McKee! 

Pray for us, as we travel as free-birds headed back to the place where it all began as Mr and Mrs. Jim Brown. Here we come Virginia Beach to celebrate, remember, reminisce, and thank Jesus for all the amazing things he has done for us since our first trip there.

1 comment:

charianne said...

Congrats you two. Have a great trip and time. David and I celebrated our 49th on the 14th. Our 25th David and the girls were doing a video for Hiawatha Mission and Don Ross was doing it. Lots of memories and God is good all the time. Enjoy your time away.