Sunday, May 25, 2014

God had something else in mind


Yesterday we loaded up the bus and took the kids to the water amusement park to have some fun. It was an endless flurry of movement capped out with ice cream cones for the kids. 

As I was leaving the pool area to get changed one of our teammates, Cheryl shared that she had said hi to a man that spoke English . She asked him if he had heard of Jesus Christ. He shared no but went on to say that he was a teacher. Cheryl shared that her teacher was here too. 

After I got changed I went over to Santana pictured above and began a rich conversation about Jesus. He knew nothing and this was the very first time he heard the name. I felt a tug at my heart to press further and asked the Holy Spirit to guide the conversation. 

We talked and I begin to speak about the truths of the Bible. He had never looked at a Bible so I asked our teammates if anyone brought one along and Lael had one. I offered the Bible as a gift to this man and he was deeply moved. I marked out in the Bible where I wanted him to read and showed him some truths about Jesus and how the Enemy has been disarmed and he can have power over darkness and evil. 

 We swapped emails and I told him to send me any questions as he reads. We talked on for a while and I prayed that the Gospel seed woukd take root in his heart. 

Vando followed up and invited him to join him next week for the worship service. There is no doubt in my mind that he will trust in Jesus as his Lord and Savior soon and will stand in front of his middle school students as a bright light to many lost Bhuddist souls. Well that's what I am praying to happen. Would you join me in that prayer ?

The ice cream tasted much better after this encounter. God had something more in mind then the amusement park. Divine appointments begin with a hello! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Pastor Jim, this gave me goose bumps , God is so amazing and has you go to all different places to speak to everyone. so INTERESTING, thank you for sharing this. I can see how easy it would be to start out with "HELLO",